Thursday, August 9, 2012

Embellishments for Paper Crafting

I shared this image recently on a post about watercoloring, but when I began putting the card together, I wanted something warm and cozy as an embellishment. I thought of knitting a strip of red to use, but then thought of these nylon loops I had picked up at Goodwill.
I began making potholders with loops and a loom when I was eight years old, and still make them (though I use cotton ones for my potholders). I wanted to weave some of these for cards with a weaving verse, but I decided to just use them as ribbon on this card. I think they are kind of fun! They seem warm and comforting to me as they are cloth and they make me think of many hours I have spent making potholders!
I am teaching myself to crochet along the edge of a card and I have done knitting on my Christmas cards before, so now I am adding potholder loops to my list of interesting embellishments!
Both stamps are from Serendipity....don't forget about their free shipping they currently offer!

No comments: