Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Papercrafting for Thanksgiving

 I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to play around with a stained glass look with the new die from Serendipity.(www.serendipitystamps.com)
I purchased some orange vellum a couple of weeks ago, so I thought it would be pretty to use on a candle holder and place card. The placecard would be lovely with a battery operated tealight as the pumpkin is cut our of both sides.
For the candle holder, I used an adhesive backed vinyl I found at Joanns (can't believe I had never noticed this vinyl before....you know I LOVE adhesive backed paper!). It comes in large sheets so I had no problem having the 15 inch length I needed. I also used adhesive backed kraft paper for the filigree portion....thus NO TAPING or GLUING!

 For a quick Thanksgiving card (or invitation to dinner), I used an adhesive backed photo mat and then just used some beautiful cardstock for the card. I still have the adhesive backed filigree portion that I can use on another project. I tied all three projects together by using the same fiber on them. This card was very quick to make as all you have to do basically is diecut the pumpkin and stamp and emboss the greeting. The adhesive makes the card easy to put together, holding even the fiber in place!

Before we know it, fall will be here....the school busses began picking up the children in my neighborhood this week!

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

WOW...this really is a wonderful die! Love what you did with it!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan