Monday, November 7, 2011

Welcome Home, Little One...Birth Announcements

 One of the projects we did while I was at Allison's house was birth announcements....or actually, Welcome Home Announcements. While in the hospital, he had tubes down his nose and all sorts of medical things on him, so we decided to wait until he came home and I could get a photo we liked.
I suggested we have the post office weigh the cards to make sure one stamp was enough....well, much to Allison's dismay, the lady said that since the cards were "rigid", they had to be mailed as parcel post....for a considerable higher price!

We went ahead and put magnets on the back of the matted photo....who wouldn't want to look at that precious face...maybe I am a little prejudiced!

These were made with Memory Box monkeys die and stamps, an oval die and the inside was done on the computer. I would have done the name on the computer also, but we were using mats that had been cut previously for another purpose. I cut them from a quarter piece of cardstock and even though I only needed the oval for the other project, I thought the remaining mat might come in handy....and they did!

I felt like the message needed some brown on it and later thought a strip of brown across the top would have been a nice touch. But hey, we were just happy to get 35 of these babies done!

No comments: