Wednesday, November 9, 2011

EK Success Holiday Punches

Joanns had a great sale this past weekend...40% off punches and then an additional 25% off your entire purchase... I am such a sucker for Holiday items and I love punches that are designed well!  Here is a gingerbread man punch that is a very nice size. I played with it on label paper and applied different supplies, like embossing powder, flocking, glitter...Since the details of the face, etc., also is included, I applied the details to the sticky side before adding the powder.
 I think my favorites were the embossing powder, including a brown that puffs when heated (Ranger) as well as a metallic copper for a dressier look. The puff brown makes a gingerbread man that looks like the molded cinnamon ornaments that you might have made or seen. Even without the face, he is cute and would make a great garland for the tree with red ribbon between the men.
 Another punch I bought was the snowman below. He was punched out of label paper. I also punched details out of colored cardstock and after applying them, put a coating of glitter over all the sticky areas. This is so pretty in real life. I am pretty sure that I can cut him some twig arms out of the twig wreath die I have from Memory Box (using sticky back cardstock, of course).
 EK Success also has punches that will punch different layers. You can see the little lever you slide below for the three different options....the circle background, a solid snowflake and a filigree cutout snowflake. This is a really pretty design.
 Below, I have layered the different layers, using pop dots to give them dimension.
All of these punches have the lever underneath to lock the punch shut for easier storage. Another new type of punch they have are the garland punches. The punched design have places to enable you to hook the pieces to one another and create a garland.

If you haven't looked at EK Success punches recently, you should....the holidays will be here soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these! The gingerbread men are adorable in all varieties. Makes me want to go out and buy all the punches! Thanks for the great ideas.
Carrie C