Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

 Happy Halloween! You can tell where I am from these photos....in Memphis with little Clayton! We printed this photo to hand out to friends and it was a big hit.


 Clayton is ready with his Trick or Treat bag! I have been here a week and Allison had LOTS of projects for us to do, including making Halloween cookies to take to the hospital for all the nurses in NICU that took care of Clayton while he was there for seven weeks, for fellow teachers at school and friends at church. I began making these Jack-O-Lantern cookies when Allison was in elementary school. I make sugar cookie dough and then add an orange egg wash and faces made with candy corn (indian corn looks great also). I bake the cookies and the candy corn melts some, making really cool faces. I add stems and curly vines with green royal icing. Allison also had a cat cookie cutter that she had reallocated from my kitchen, so we made some black cats also.


 I also decorated a box for Clayton to store his special cards in, like the ones below. In addition to the ones I made him, he received one from our friend, Yunetta (on the right)....a very cool card!
Hope you have a great Halloween....I have several things to catch up with on posts, like Jackson's birthday party and other projects on which Allison and I have been working. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Simply adorable, Holly! I'm so happy for Allison that Clayton is home & doing well! Having had a preemie myself I know how traumatic it can be leaving them at the hospital each & every day. He is a cutie in that Halloween outfit....

Jan Castle said...

Ohhh how sweet! Especially like the picture of Clayon in the basket - you are sooooo clever! What a little sweetheart1
Paper Hugs,
Jan