Friday, January 14, 2011

Quilted Baby Card

The challenge for January on Spotted Canary is artwork with scallops. Since I have been in the "quilting mode" lately....maybe it is this c..o....l.....ddddd weather! Anyway, I made this card to post on there for the challenge.
I did my usual trick of embossing with the gutter guard. You would think that one of these companies would come up with an embossing folder that replicates that quilted look. If you know of one, let me know. The gutter guard can be a little rough on the paper, but if I make sure I have a sheet backing the quilt, it usually survives it's ride through the Wizard.

I hear that the Wizard is no longer being produced. Spellbinders will continue to have the replacement parts, etc., but because of the Grand Calibur, there will be no more Wizards. This makes me a little sad as the Wizard is still my favorite die cutting machine. I do love the fact that I can cut many more die on the Grand Calibur, but being someone that uses gutter guard and all sorts of crazy things, I love the toughness of the Wizard. I also love the fact that I can use just about any die out there through the Wizard. Hopefully mine will hold out and last as long as I can crank things through!

The weather here has been crazy. Wednesday, Jim finally tried to leave the neighborhood to go to work. It took three tries to get up the hill to go out and then coming home, any shaded areas were sheets of ice. I decided to walk up to the gym and also get some apples and spaghetti at the store next to the gym. When I fell and hit the asphalt walking back, one of my apples just about became applesauce when I landed on it! I decided on Thursday that driving might be better than walking and that went okay, but I was very careful. Today (Friday) it is finally supposed to get above freezing and begin melting! Schools have been out all week. Like I asked in an earlier post....is it April yet?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Quietfire said...

I love the quilted look! And yeah, somebody should make an embossing folder that looks like quilting! I'd have that for sure. I think you've been very inventive in doing your own "quilting".

Ms said...

I absolutely love this.... another amazing card.... thx for sharing....

Jan Castle said...

Great quilting Holly!!!! Say, why don't you mention a quilting embossing folder to EK Success.

SherylH said...

The "quilt" is perfect for a baby card -- thanks for the tip to add another sheet of paper as I too found my paper tore when using the gutter guard.