Saturday, January 15, 2011

Let the thaw begin!

Friday I was finally able to walk in the neighborhood on my usual route. The worst part of the walk as far as ice goes is the road coming into my culdesac. I never thought I would be so thankful to see dry and clear asphalt! I took my small camera with me as the snow is very pretty after some melting and then refreezing, it is a smooth, glossy coating over everything. I guess it is basically ice rather than snow now, but to hang around from Sunday until Friday in these parts is very unusual. I love the shadows of the trees on the ice.
I love the details of nature and wanted to take photos of the many birds looking for food in the snow, but it was too cold to sit outside with my long lens to capture them. I have enjoyed the snowmen tree art below during the holidays, but they seemed even a little happier with the white coating on the ground!

Here is a collage I did of some of my favorite snowmen in the neighborhood....I am glad I finally found one in a sombrero!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! We're only in the 50's and wet...I'm grateful. Your neighborhood snowmen are so cute...you are a brave soul to tackle the ice...stay safe!
Jan