Thursday, December 2, 2010

Knitted Christmas Card

The fall that I learned to knit, I decided to incorporate knitting into my christmas cards. The card had a felt mitten with a little band I knitted, a fuzzy snowflake that was diecut, paper was sewn and the mitten had a blanket stitch going around it. I just ordered some mitten die from Spellbinders, so I just might have to do mittens again. Plus, I love the chain punch EK Success has with the buttons and thread....hmm, so many ideas and Christmas comes only once a year! I have thought of doing ten of one design, ten of another, etc. How do you do your cards? All the same design or different? Do you begin early or wait until December like me? Sometimes I do have them in operation by the Callaway trip, but this has been a crazy autumn!

Oh, did I mention autumn and why it was crazy....well you already know about our new grandson. Here are some knitted items a friend at church made for Jackson. I just had to share them. I think they are so pretty! ....or HANDSOME, just in case Jason is reading! Jim called Jason yesterday and told him that I had bought a red corduory bubble suit at Strasburg Children's shop but that I did not buy any bonnets....MEN! What is it about bubble suits that scare them?
My friend commented that the booties were a little large, but I told her that she did not know how large Jackson's feet are! His Dad wears an eighteen!

My goal is to learn how to follow a pattern when knitting and actually be able to do something besides scraves (and mitten cuffs for cards!).

Brrrr....kind of cold here. Hope you are staying warm!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Strasburg Children said...

Obviously we think a bubble can be VERY handsome! Thanks for stopping by our store and I love the idea of incorporating knitting into the card. I'll have to pass that on.