Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

To all of you who are mothers, I hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day!

Sometimes when I have some pretty flowers, I like to set up a vignette and photograph them to use on future cards. All the editing on these was done on Picasa.

A dear lady who is like a grandmother to my daughter (Allison's wedding reception was held in her backyard five years ago....wow, can't believe it has been five years!) moved away from Atlanta, but she told me to go pick roses and flowers from her yard. I photographed these peonies from her yard using some old china that I collect for this purpose.

Hopefully, this will give you some ideas!


Another thing I am working on is exploring parks, places, etc., that are near me that I have never been to or it has been a while (kind of like the waterfalls I visited with my sister and mom). I imagine we all have places near us that we have not been to or it has been a long time since we visited. The first local park I visited, I fell in LOVE with, so I am anxious to share those photos with you. What a treasure right under my nose and I had never been there! Hopefully this will encourage you to try something new too!
"Lucy, you got some 'ploring to do!!!".....Love to hear about places you find!

Happy Mother's Day, yall!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Holly! My backyard is a treasure trove of little wild things...and then there's all the gardens in and around Salem...Whew! Better get busy!!!!!
Jan