Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I thought I had some of my parent's photos from Ireland, but evidently not, so we will go with some of my photos from my state's home of St. Patrick's Day....Savannah, GA. There is a big celebration there each year (as well as in Dublin, GA....my husband likes to call Dublin the biggest town in Georgia....it is "Dublin" everyday....arghhhhh!). I do love Charleston, but it's neighbor to the south, Savannah, is very pretty too!

I love moss and especially things that grow in the most unlikely places...like this fern growing out of the wall. This would make a great background for a card.
Perhaps you have heard of Paula Deen....I took the Paula Deen tour and ate at her restaurant. I am a big Food Network junky!
Take photos of signs to record the places you visited on your trips.
Here is an example of the low, beautiful early morning sun....streaming through the spanish moss. Get up early to get the best light!
Charleston has plenty of churches, but Savannah has theirs also. Here is an example of framing a shot with the architectural elements. I love wrought iron....another thing I "collect" in my photos.

Hope you have a great St. Patrick's Day....luck of the Irish to you!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you Holly....thanks for the pics of the green! Love it!
Jan