Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I have two friends that I can usually count on sending out cards for at least Valentine's Day and Halloween and sure enough, those are the two I have received. I didn't mail mine out until Tuesday, so it is still possible I will get more by Saturday (writing this on Wednesday), but probably not. Both of their cards are great and I wanted to share them with you.
Above is one from Kathy....looks to me like Kathy has been airbrushing with Copics. The moon was masked over by the tree limbs. What a great scene. The center pumpkin was also stamped again and pop dotted for dimension. I can just feel the wind blowing. What a great blending of a little spookiness and some cute thrown in too! You can see some edge punching inside with what looks like to me an EK Success punch....maybe swiss cheese?
Tina also used an edger punch, the Martha Stewart Crafts spider web one. I know that one as I had my husband stopping at Michaels stores looking for me one! Tina's cards are always so coordinated and have a lot of thought and detail put into them. The google eyes made it through the mail just fine, though she had put a piece of bubble wrap in front of the card. I just LOVE both of these cards!
Mine that I made....not so much! October is such a busy month for me with trips to the cabin and I had assignments for Spotted Canary to do. I stopped by Archivers on the way to the cabin, bought these really cute little bags from K & Company that were on clearance (for my Wendys Frosty Coupons I enclose in my cards), the paper (also on clearance and not Halloween paper) and the two stamps. I did them at the cabin and used more of the Martha Stewart Crafts glitter I had left from the photo holders I used on the quilt cards.

You might remember that I had designed the "Witch Shoes" card and did some with the cool Inkadinkado Halloween stamps....and I did some with the spider web punch around the page edgers.....oh well, those ideas can be used another year. The moral of the story is that even though it is last minute, you can probably put something together and get them mailed out if you really want to. I will have to begin earlier next year. Speaking of which, it is time to get those Christmas cards done! I started them last year, but where is that "safe" place I put them????
Hope everyone has a wonderful and fun Halloween! Thanks, Kathy and Tina for the fantastic cards!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Glitter Grammy said...

You have very talented friends. Beautiful cards from both of them. Your work is always wonderful. Happy Halloween!

Jan Castle said...

Great cards Holly...you have talented friends...you too of course!
I'm still enjoying a back peek at your house mouse...what a hoot...or should that be a squeek!
Jan

KanataNewf said...

I have to say that I love the little ghost being blown away with his pumpkin balloons. Too cute!