Saturday, August 15, 2009

Trick or Treat Trifold Card

These cards have been going around a lot lately. I know there is a tutorial on SCS. It is easy to do, but takes a little while if you cut paper for each section on both sides as I did. I had a lot of the new Inkadinkado stamps, so I wanted to use as many as I could on this card.
If you have an Archivers store in your area, you probably know about their coupons they mail out for card stock. You used to get free card stock, but now it is buy five, get five free. Anyway, I always look at their scrapbook paper they have reduced and pick out a pattern. I then use my coupon to get solid colored paper to match the pattern. I bought the striped paper reduced and then picked out solid colors to use with it. That way, when I get home, I am more likely to USE the paper rather than adding it to my stash!
The black paper I used as the background is 5.5 by 12 inches, so you use half a sheet of scrapbook paper. It will fit in an A2 envelope when folded up, though mine is pretty thick with all the added paper. You do score lines at 2, 4 , 8 & 10 inches. An inch and a half from each long edge, you cut two slits beginning at the two inch score and ending with the ten inch score line. Each of the three segments are then scored, alternating the mountain and valley folds. Easier to make than it looks.
These were all clear stamps from Inkadinkado....they have some great new designs!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hello,

I love your Halloween card. I began working on my own this morning. Your directions for cutting and folding are wonderful. I'll put my card on my blog page when I'm finished. FYI my blog address is: http://glittergrammy.blogspot.com Again....thank you for sharing.