Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mice like to knit also!


I must be on a House Mouse kick! I like cards that have something tactile on them....something you can feel. If you could put your fingers on this yarn, you would know just how soft and comfy it is. I simply knitted a border to use on the card like you would use a piece of ribbon or other trim. For the verse, I used an Inkadinkado stamp and left out the flower that is on it, substituting a button there instead. I colored the image with Copics and layered with K & Company paper.
I can think of many other verses I could do on the computer...Thanks for being such a close knit friend....You keep me in stitches!.....When life comes unraveled, I am glad you are there for me....I would love to hear your suggestions also!
I can see using this stamps during the holidays or winter...."Your love keeps me warm"....
A good friend of mine was looking for a knitting image but when I offered this one she said, Ah, anything but House Mouse, but I think these guys are kind of cute. I guess she wasn't looking for cute.
Hope you have a great day and all your stitches stay on your needle!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

nise said...

EEK! You've been invaded by vermin! Thank goodness your coloring is still awesome. The little furwads are growing on me a bit, but I still can't embrace them and doubt one will ever live in my studio, no matter how darling the cards are that you make with them. Love the new Serendipity images. They are one of my very favorite stamp companies. Glad you're back to creating and sharing, Holly.

Jacki Marie said...

House Mouse usually creep me out, BUT, yours are so cute!! It's bright and cheerful. ( Don't tell anybody I said that.) I usually see them colored gray. I might have to take you up on getting a couple of those images.

~MudpieMouse said...

Your card is gorgeous. What a nice addition the knitted border is. Great job! Keep on stampin on!

Peggy Maier said...

I LOVE House Mouse (& have lots of them)!!! This is so sweet with the knitted band & the colors you used are great!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a fabulous idea to add the knitting. LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card. And I can't begin to think of any other cute sayings to go with it other than the ones you have mentioned. What is the name of the image and also is it a new image by House Mouse?

Sue from Oregon said...

this is just the cutest card! I love HMouse!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Oh, this is so darling! Love the house mouse image and the knitted border looks fantastic!!