Thursday, May 7, 2009

In a Mauve kind of Mood

I showed you some of the new Serendipity images I had gotten and was playing with...now time to get some of the images I have done made into finished cards. I just love this kitchen crock stamp. The saying is cute....personally I thought cooking itself was love! I did the image with watercolor crayons used on the rubber. The patterned paper is K & Company (my favorite for patterned paper!)...the border I did in the Wizard with a cuttlebug die. I cut the ovals with the Curvy Cutter Cutting Tool (EK Success) and scored the edges with the Scor-It.
I put the image inside where the really cool other side of the paper shows. I know some people don't like double sided paper, but I am a big fan of it.
Here is another one of the Serendipity sayings and I think it is so pretty and meaningful that it can stand alone, without an image. I used the other border I had cut to thread ribbon along the side. This saying and the cooking saying were both cut out with the Wizard using Nestabilities. Only with the nestability do you get that very finished embossed line around the edge.
I am still coloring mice and also making Mother's Day cards and graduation cards. Our DIL graduates from Law School this Saturday, in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, so we will be going over for that. Seems like those three years have just flown by....probably not to her! :-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

nise said...

These are beautiful! The cooking card made me think of my cousin Shelly (love to get invited to eat at her house). Really like how you cut out the window and accented the double sided paper, which I am a fan of, too. Congrats to your DIL!