Sunday, April 5, 2009

Washington in bloom











These photos were taken in Washington DC, two years ago this weekend at the peak of the cherry blossom season. We were staying close to the White House, so I could get up and run out in the cold for a sunrise or spend all afternoon around the basin. I was able to get tickets to go up in the Washington Monument, so I had a great time with my camera. This shot of the capitol building was taken from the Washington Monument.

The Jefferson Memorial is such a beautiful monument. The first two times I visited Washington DC, they were working on Jefferson, so I was happy to see it all finished.

It is hard to capture how beautiful the trees are as they reach out over the tidal basin. I think this photo shows it a little. It only looked like this for about three days and then a storm came in and the ground looked like that was a pale pink snow covering it.

1 comment:

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What beautiful photos! TFS! I've only been to Washington once, but it wasn't during the Cherry Blossom Season. I would love to be there this time of year!