Friday, April 17, 2009

Rainy Day at Biltmore

I arrived home from the Masters on Monday and left on Monday for the cabin....yeah, guess I don't stay home long! My mother and I went up to Asheville to go see the tulips on Tuesday. We weren't sure if our yearly pass expired on 4/14 or 4/15, so we went on Tuesday to be safe. Turns out we would have been fine on Wednesday and the weather would have been much better, but we signed up for another year, so we will be going back. Besides, we spent Wednesday at a flea market in Pickens, SC and that is only on Wednesday (well, they have begun a market on the weekend, but we love the Wednesday market).
You can see the threatening clouds, but the tulips were still beautiful. I kind of like an interesting sky, as long as there isn't a downpour.
The wisteria arbor did have a lot of blossoms on it, though they don't show up in this shot.
One peony was actually blooming (about a month early). Made me decide to move my two peonies I have at the cabin to another location to get more sun. We worked in the yard all day Thursday and I am very sore today! I am home for at least a couple of weeks. More photos of Biltmore later.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

Hi Holly, I've been missing your posts but know you have been having fun! Biltmore is lovely - rainy day or not. I love your peony picture...you know God put that there just for you to take that picture!!!
Jan Castle