Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stamp positioner is your friend!

Remember the last generation impressions I made that were a little too light? Well, you can either turn the paper over and use the other side and re stamp it, or you can add some ink to the watercolored image you already have. Hands down, the best stamp positioner is EK Success's Stamp-a-ma-jig. Originally it was purple but now it is the color in the photo. I have used just about every kind that has been made and when this came out, I said FINALLY! The hardest part of it is keeping up (I told you I was messy!) with the imaging sheet as it is kind of clear, but you can buy packages of extra ones! Just be sure you try to keep it in one spot!
You first want to stamp the image on that clear sheet, with the stamp and the clear sheet all the way in the corner as shown.
Then line the image up over the watercolored image, getting the placement right. Next remove that clear sheet, but keep the Stamp-a-ma-jig in place, holding it with your thumb and forefinger.
Now, stamp over the watercolored image, placing the stamp in the corner of the Stamp-a-ma-jig. Sometimes it looks better with the added definition....sometimes it can be off a little and then you use the other side of the paper :-)
I over stamped on the two birds (eh, so, so!) and the last shell. The last shell is definitely an improvement! The Stamp-a-ma-jig....it is a good thing!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

I couldn't live without my stampamajig! I use it every time I stamp. Wonderful little tool - kudos to whomever invented it!!!

Amy Johnson said...

I love my Stampamajig and consider it a must-have! But your right, the plastic sheet does get 'cloudy' after awhile and I have to scrub it clean with Stazon. Thanks for all the wonderful advice and tutorials you have been sharing the past few weeks. I've read them all and appreciate them!

Norine said...

love the majig great tool
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

Love that little bird stamp...who makes it? Cindy

Holly's Hobbies said...

Cindy,
That is an Inkadinkado sketch stamp....I just love those!
Holly