Thursday, February 12, 2009

More additions to add to your watercolor

You might have noticed on the window scene with the bricks that I showed you earlier that I added one of the clear dimensional adhesives to give the look of glass. I love to do that and here I did it on some of the bubbles. You might have to zoom in to see that. I also love rhinestones and gems...not sure who made the green glass I used as embellishments above, but usually K & Company is my company of choice for that sort of thing. I love the look of torn paper...watercolor, mulberry or just card stock.
The snow for the lantern was done with liquid applique....another fun product.
Here again, on the lemonade, I not only cut some extra images and mounted on top to give dimension, I also used the clear dimensional stuff to give a shiny look.
The stacked pumpkins were stamped and embossed on black paper...I then used bleach to bleach out the black and then painted them with watercolor. Use a Q-tip to paint on the bleach....it will ruin brushes...different card stocks bleach out differently.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT stuff, Holly! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful ideas with us. I keep going back to the brick card ~ so pretty.

Jan Castle said...

Those lemons look so real they made my mouth water! Thanks for the watercolor tutorials!
Jan

Norine said...

great cards love the lemons they look so real
Hugs
Norine