Sunday, September 28, 2008

Gift of Gratitude

Well, it is the time of year to start thinking about autumn cards, so I thought I would post some Halloween and Autumn cards I have made in the past. Todays card is one I did for Serendipity Stamps. Mary has beautiful images and lots of card examples on her website. I did this image using watercolor crayons, applied directly to the rubber and then spritzed and stamped. I like that method as you can put the colors where you want them and you can get the look of watercolors without lines of ink from the image. I scored the edges with the wonderful ScorIt and antiqued the corners with metallic rub ons (CrafT). The ovals were cut with a coluzzle (too large to use Spellbinders die) and as most of my cards include, a few eyelets and some ribbon were added.
After the rough time we have had this past week, hopefully we can all give the gift of gratitude for the things we do have and perhaps take for granted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holly, I love this card! I really like the colors! This is my favorite time of year:)

Jenny Gropp said...

ohhhh- this is really pretty and so soft looking.