Guess I am still in a butterfly state of mind.....actually I just did my first coffee filter book for Spellbinders Gallery (coffee themed) and it inspired me to make one butterfly themed. I thought the shape of the filters looked like a butterfy when the book is open, so butterflies it was! This project was great fun.....it used my favorites of quotations, diecutting (Spellbinders of course), watercolor and photography. I stamped the filters (Spellbinders stamps also) with watermark ink, embossed in clear, dunked the filter in water and then dribbled watercolor paint on the white filters. I allowed them to dry and then ironed them. I love the "batik" look it leaves. Then I added the quotes and diecuts. Since the filters make little pockets, I used those areas to file photographs of butterflies I had taken and used an oval nestability to make a little file folder type pull. (The filters actually have one built in the design) On the cover linings, I stamped with the watermark ink and added chalks. The covers of the book consist of cereal box cardboard, covered with scrapbooking papers. Thought it needed some frufru, so I added the ribbons. I used Bind It All to put it together, though on my coffee themed book, I used coil binding. The image stamped on the back cover of the birds nest is Serendipity.
It was fun to do a project just for the enjoyment of it....hope you will let me know what you think.