Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day

Here is another "rejection" from Paper Crafts....(I am starting to get a complex!)....both stamps are Inkadinkado. I love collage stamps when they are well designed and I personally love to play with type. I think this verse stamp is very pretty. It was cut out with Spellbinders nestability, eyelets added and ribbon that coordinates with the card tied in the eyelets.

This card was made from watercolor paper, so I was able to do the coloring in watercolor paints and then could push the paper out to make the butterfly appear to be floating over the card. It is hard to see that in the photo. Watercolor paper has so much fiber that you can "water emboss" an area and make it stand out. I learned that technique from a friend that used to stamp, left stamping and now owns a bead store in South Carolina. Maybe she got rejected too many times too....just kidding!

It is a Beautiful Day, so I hope you make the most of it!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I like the card, so it's there lost & my gain! I agree with you about the saying, so simple, but full of wow. Inka.. has some great stamps for us to play with.