Sunday, August 17, 2008

August in the mountains....





Anytime I get the chance to head to the cabin (in the northeast Georgia mountains), I go. My husband has some customers up there that he needed to call on, so I packed my projects and loaded up to go with him. I only took my Power Shot rather than my Rebel, so the photos aren't as good as they could be, but I still enjoy looking at them. I hope you do too. Btw, this is the area where Big Foot was supposedly found, but I can not report any sightings....but you should have heard the locals talking about it at the flea market on Saturday!!! Too funny!

One reason I love going up there during the summer are the vegetables. Osage Farms has some of the best Silver Queen corn I have ever tasted. Friday night I fixed Pork tenderloin, corn on the cob, fresh squash, fried okra and fried green tomatoes. Delicious!!!

Not too much is blooming in August on the mountain besides Joe Pye Weed, Phlox and the coneflowers are finishing up. There were some blueberries the bears had not gotten. The sunflowers were in the valley where the bears don't wander. I tried sunflowers once up at the cabin. They lasted one day....the next day they were gone! They are definitely bear food!

I did some projects at the cabin. Mainly working on the 150 wedding invitations....even had my husband helping with those. I did some experiments but forgot my handgrip for my Copics airbrush, so I will finish those at home and post those soon.

Thanks for stopping in and looking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could challenge the ideas of the people who visit your blog.

Unknown said...

Holly, your photos are beautiful! I adore getting out in nature. DH and I were hobby beekeepers so I love the bee photo. Glad to see they're still out there. (You should have seen the rubber-stamped newsletters I published for the bee club--LOL!)

So glad you'll be able to post the wedding invites soon!

Judy Rozema said...

WOW!! Your photographs are fantastic!! I love photography as well, although my DD has a better eye for artsy things. Love your blog! I will be back!

loretta said...

I love the pictures!

They are totally awesome!

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful photography!

Jenny Gropp said...

Your pictures are fantastic!

Ummmm... 150 Invitations you are making....leaves me speechless.