Sunday, July 13, 2008

Celebrate the Ordinary

Well, the garden party is over and time to move on. You still have today to enter the contest for Donya's die and Trudee will be showcasing a new one today. Good luck to each and everyone of you . It has been great fun!

This is a card I did for Serendipity Stamps. Sometimes we get caught up in living from one special event until another that we forget to celebrate the ordinary! It is also the time of year that the dandelions start popping up in the yard, making us mow it earlier than we would have to if not for the dandelions. My mother tells me that I used to come to her as a little girl with a handful of dandelions to give her, proud as I could be. I even used this stamp on a Mother's Day card for her.

I used watercolors to color this image. A coluzzle was used to cut the top oval and Spellbinders oval die the lower one. Spellbinders has actually had geometric die since 2005. The nestabilities that came out a year ago added the scalloped edges. You can always tell if it is Spellbinders as their die give that little embossed line around the edge. To create the "frame", I used two die in consecutive sizes and that cut out a frame rather than a mat. I used the notch tool on this card and wonder why I don't pull it out and use it more often! So often we have tools that we use when we get it and then it gets buried....please tell me I am not the only one that does that!

Well, after going to Orlando with Copic this week, doing the scrapbook show with Spellbinders, I am going to enjoy these three days of "ordinary" before I take off for CHA -summer in Chicago. I will try to get my camera all charged and take plenty of photos!

Hope everyone has a wonderful "ordinary" day....or not so ordinary too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card & the sentiment is "Right On!". I recently discovered your blog & have been enjoying it. I look forward to future visits & inspirations.
God Bless~

bck said...

It's beautiful!!!