Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tybee Island Lighthouse

 While in Savannah, I drove out to Tybee Island to see the lighthouse. Unfortunately, the walk up the lighthouse was closed for a month while they are removing the paint inside from the walls. The walls will then remain bare for about two years and then be repainted. There are several buildings to see, so I went ahead and paid my money and toured the other buildings.







 The museum is in an old fort that was closed during WW II, which was kind of an ugly building along the shore, but just fine for a museum.




 Apparently, there used to be entertainment on Tybee Island and the museum had memorabilia from the carousel there.
















Since I could not go up in the lighthouse, you know my reasoning....I will have to go back next year!

2 comments:

Jessica Lemmon said...

Hi Holly! I stumbled across your blog and noticed that you work for the CAT for eksuccess. I have to say, this sounds like work I would absolutely love. How did you land that position?

Jan Castle said...

Sounds like 'another' trip!!! You really need to write a book on all your travels Holly...what a read that would be! As always, love my mini vacation with you to Tybee Island! Thanks,
Jan