Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Toccoa Falls

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! We had a great time at the cabin with my parents and Allison & Craig. On Friday, we visited Toccoa Falls which is located in northeast Georgia. This falls is on the campus of a college. It was also the location of a tragedy that occured when a dam broke and numerous people were killed back in the seventies.
I posted the two photos above to show you how having something like people in the shot gives perspective to the size of the subject of the photo. You probably did not realize the falls was such a drop until you saw the second photo.
It is unusual that my husband and I are in the same photo so I thought I would share this one. We will celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary this month. Also, at this exact time (while we were at the falls), it was five years ago that Allison and Craig were married. Their ceremony began at 2:00 and I noted what the time was when I was taking these photos.
Happy Anniversary, Allison and Craig! They bought the Wii Fit game for their anniversary and we had fun with it at the cabin. I was afraid I had gained this week as I have been to the cabin twice recently (and my mother is a very good cook!) but I lost over five pounds in the last two weeks for a total of 65.8 lbs. Guess that exercise stuff really works!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joyce across the Pond said...

Great photos as usual - and aren't you looking great...even slimmer than your last photo...well done...keep going....5 lb in two weeks is great after you've been losing for a while....must be all your walking!