Monday, March 29, 2010

News catch up!

A lot has been happening during the time we have had our photography lessons, so I thought I would do a little news catch up!

First, I reached 50 lbs. lost! To visualize this, I took a photo at the grocery store (hmmm, using someone else's vignette? LOL) of ten 5 lb. bags of sugar. That would be a lot of sugar to lug around with you all the time, don't you think? Many more pounds to go, but I just keep on plugging away, walking the streets everyday and going to the gym! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....as Nemo would say!
Joyce and I are working on our bucket trip! She has researched her part and I need to get busy researching mine. I did make this journal to take with me on the trip. I had a project to do for Spotted Canary where I decoupaged a journal that I bought on clearance at Joann's. It began as a Wedding journal, but I changed it to a journal for Father's Day. There was one more journal on clearance, so I bought it and made it into a Road Trip journal. All the papers and stickers are K & Company and Jolee's. Speaking of which, one of the ways I am earning money for my trip is doing layouts that will be displayed in ACMoore stores....I designed two 8 x 8 layouts and then I am making 161 of each of them! Can you get carpal tunnel from using an ATG gun???? I don't mind assembly line type projects as long as I have a good talk radio show to listen to, but I will be glad when they are finished and shipped!!! The stickers I am showcasing are from Jolee's....they make such cool stickers! We don't have an ACMoore in Atlanta, but when I see them up eventually, I will let you know!
And drum roll....one last announcement! We are going to be grandparents! Jason and Jessica are expecting a baby in October. This will be our first grandbaby.
Jim has been traveling last week and lucky duck, he was able to have dinner with Jason and Jessica Tuesday evening and then Allison and Craig Friday evening. I stayed home as I had so much work to get done and was waiting for my paper to arrive for the layouts....plus, didn't figure eating on the road for six days straight would help with the sugar bags....but I didn't know it was going to be with my kids!!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Pam P said...

Congrats on your 50# loss. What an achievement!!!

Peggy Maier said...

AWWWW... first grandbaby! What a blessing!!!!

Becky said...

Congratulations, Holly! First on the weight loss (I need desperately to do the same) and second on the wonderful news of becoming a grandparent!!! You are going to be in heaven when that baby gets here...I still get excited when I know I will be seeing mine (I have 4 - 3 boys and 1 girl...ages 19, 16, 9 (girl) and 7. Congratulations again!!!

KanataNewf said...

Congrats on your loss....and your family's gain! Exciting times ahead!

Mary said...

Congrats on your 50 pound Loss. I am very proud of you. What an accomplishment. I'm at 30 pounds and I know the journey you are travelling. I too have a long distance to travel, You have inspired me....thank you! Just think how much easier it will be to keep up with your grandbaby! Keep it up granny!

Jan Castle said...

Congrats (1) for the -50 pounda and (2) Grandma!!!! Life just gets sweeter and sweeter!
Jan

Ruth Song said...

Congratulations on your 50lbs loss. a real achievement.

I love your photo techniques, please keep it coming. I may not read it daily, sure appreciate your tips.

Happy Easter

Ruth