Thursday, March 11, 2010

Capture the flavor of the Region!

Okay, I love food! And I love to try the different foods in an area that I visit. I had no problem eating a reindeer hot dog up in Alaska! I say I will try anything at least once! I also love to look at food photographs in cookbooks. I think that would be a very fun job! I will add that I have lost over 46 pounds now, so maybe that is why I am having visions of sugarplums.

No seriously, I do like to capture the food of the region when I visit different areas. My husband and I are considering a Greek Isle Cruise next year for our 35th anniversary, so there will be lots of cool stuff there to photograph. Bring on the feta and olives!

Above is a pistachio ice cream cone I had at the base of the Eiffel tower. Now, this is more a memory rather than something from the area, but it was one of the best ice cream cones I have EVER had! To record the location, I just held up the cone towards the tower (a nice background if you are looking for one!). Another place Becca and I frequented was the crepe lady! Of course, I took a photo of Becka eating a crepe too. The crepe lady was not too friendly....probably seen too many of us silly Americans.



The pastries in Paris were so pretty...actually they were pretty everywhere I went in Europe. They were also having a promotion on skinned rabbits...yum (no, I did not try rabbit)! Produce markets, bakeries and meat markets are always interesting places to visit. An open air market is also a great place to get these photos. I always visit the Chinatown of any large city I go to as I find the foods there so interesting.
So, when you visit a location, look around and capture the types of food they eat there!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

The first pictures look yummy...can't say the same for that last picture...yuk (maybe cooked would be better for me!!! LOL). No reflection on your photography, of course.
Jan