Monday, February 8, 2010

Last look at St.Simons and other things

A couple of you posted that Christ Church must be a small building and I realized the photos posted did not really show how long the interior was so here is a better photo for that. The lady sitting on the left was there from 2-4:00 to tell people about the building. She was very nice and I enjoyed talking to her. Only one of the slave made pews is out here....the ones in the photo before were where the choir sits. Now hopefully you have a better perspective.
This is the Maritime Center where there is a museum. It is housed in the old Coast Guard House, which was very pretty.
I know some of you might think I am weird that I like to hang out at old cemeteries, but I do. There is one in Atlanta (Oakland Cemetery) that I have told Joyce I want to go to when spring comes. I have been there once, but did not have my camera with me. Margaret Mitchell (Gone with the Wind) and other famous people are buried there. I like the architectural elements you can find in the tombstones, etc.
Posted by PicasaI also shared with you my love for the gnarled trees along the coast. Even the trunk of this one was interesting.

I am still up in Tennessee, so I missed the Heirloom Convention in my hometown of Lawrenceville this weekend. I did read a review of it on this very fun blog.
She covers paper crafting in Georgia, SC and Alabama as well as news in the world of paper crafting (like my posts about CHA Supershow) and she has coupons, etc. Be sure and check it out.

Speaking of coupons, I did go to some stores here in Memphis near Wolfchase Mall (HL, Archivers, Michaels and a scrapbook store) on Saturday. I bought Martha Stewart Crafts' Double Loop Punch around the Page punch, so I am sure you will be seeing that soon! I also saw that Michaels had the scoring board for $19.99 Wow, what a deal with a coupon
(or even without!).

I missed seeing all my buddies at the convention this weekend, but hope to see you soon! The Greenville convention (which I had on my blog last fall) is apparently moving to Anderson, SC. Once I get home this week, I think I will be home for a while until April when I will be going to the Masters Tournament. We have tickets for the tournament as well as the Wednesday practice round (Par 3 Tournament) so I am going to see how much camera stuff they will actually let me take in on Wednesday! That is the day the golfer's kids caddy for them and it is just a fun family activity that I always watch on television.
I will catch up with you soon!

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

Whoa! What a shocker...it really is a MUCH bigger church that I thought...thanks for putting it into perspective. Thanks too for the heads up on the Crafters scoring board....appreciate it!
Jan