Saturday, October 10, 2009

Waterfront Park, Charleston SC

We took a daytrip to Charleston where we visited Magnolia Gardens and had lunch downtown. My friend, Doreen, who lives there recommended this waterfront park at the foot of the new bridge. I hated the old bridge that was very scary to go over and this park was just lovely.
Marshlands have a beauty of their own. There were zinnias planted all along the edge and the butterflies were loving the zinnias!

We walked through the market and had some warm pralines, but I could not do my usual "walk the streets" routine. I will have to go back and take Joyce for some good photography time!


2 comments:

nise said...

Pretty park and warm pralines. Sounds like a really good trip even if your traveling companions don't understand how you "walk" through the park.

Becky said...

I know that bridge & am too afraid to go over it, lol! I was petrified of the Cooper River Bridge, too! My daughter lives in Summerville so we are in the Charleston area frequently. She finds ways to get into Charleston without having to go over it...I don't know how. Your pics are awesome; I never knew there was a park below the bridge. I'll have to check that out next time.