Monday, October 12, 2009

Edisto Gardens, Orangeburg, SC

On our last day at the condo, Jim golfed, Mike fished and Janine and I visited the Edisto Gardens in Orangeburg. These gardens are free and there were thousands of roses in the rose garden. I would love to see it in prime season, but there were plenty of roses to see. There was a duck pond and also a swamp with a boardwalk. The water was low in both areas. Guess they did not get all the rain that Atlanta did!
These ducks were sitting on the bridge....might use a photo on a card with a caption about getting my "ducks in a row"....there are cardmaking opportunities everywhere around you!
The roses were just beautiful!


There was a butterfly garden and an azalea garden that would both be pretty in the spring. When we were leaving we noticed there were even more roses across the street. The statue was in honor of a lady that had worked hard to make the garden what it is today....now that is a nice tribute!



4 comments:

Becky said...

Holly, you are amazing with all of your travels! I have passed by the sign for these gardens many times going to my daughter's in Summerville but never thought about stopping until now. I will definitely make it a point to add a side trip next time I head that way.

nise said...

More pretty pictures! Yep, at $15 per person, they should do a better job on the upkeep. Love seeing the roses, as I am getting around to put mine to bed for the winter.

Sandi said...

Holly, beautiful photos, love those birds. Hugs

Jan Castle said...

What a lovely place...I'm with you, if I get my 'ducks in a row' I might just be able to visit there one day! Great pics Holly!!!
Jan