Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Art festival, Sylva NC

This weekend was a gorgeous day in the mountains. After I got most of my projects done, I headed to the cabin as my aunt and uncle were going to be there. We headed up on Saturday to Sylva, NC where there was an art festival in the little downtown area. Jackson County has a beautiful courthouse, sitting up on a hill. They were doing renovations on the courthouse, but it still looked regal with all the fall color!
I heard the bells of this church building play the beginning of "Amazing Grace"....it was beautiful! Can't you just see a photo of a bride on these steps with her dress all spread out?
Artists were set up up and down the street. One of my favorites was the fishing themed paintings, seen below. The artist is wearing a hat above.
Sorry I have been MIA for so long....I had a lot of work to get done. Then I found out they had one of the new 7D Canon cameras I wanted at Fry's Electronics, so I got that last Wednesday and have been playing with it. Friday I went to the Weight Watchers meeting on the way to the cabin and in my first week I had lost 9.6 pounds! I was very happy over that!!! WoooHoooo!!!
I have more photos to share and I did do a few Halloween cards, so I will share those too as well as any I receive. Hope you have had a great week!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: