Saturday, September 5, 2009

Everyone Needs Beauty

"Everyone needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul", John Muir.

Did you know that kudzu has blossoms? Even though I grew up in the south, I did not know that. For those that might not know, kudzu was a plant that was brought over to the US to help with erosion.....well, it has taken over and covers everything every summer! Above is a blossom from the kudzu vine....it smells like a grape Nehi drink!
Above is a closeup of Joe Pye Weed which will be around until frost.
Waterfalls are a great place to look for wildflowers due to the moist soil. Not sure what the lavender flower is, but the yellow is golden rod and the orange, touch me nots.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Yes we do all need beauty and a big thank you for sharing the beauty you find. Hugs

The Determined Scrapper said...

You always amaze me with your wonderul floral photos. Thanks for sharing.

Becky Spinks said...

Holly, I enjoy reading your blog so much...I look forward everyday to seeing what you've been up to! I love your photos!!!!

Jan Castle said...

So very pretty...keep up the good work with your photo ops.
Jan