Thursday, August 13, 2009

Music is what feelings sound like

Last card from this series of Serendipity images....hope you have enjoyed seeing them. Mary always has great images and calligraphy stamps.
I did this image with watercolor and cut it with a Spellbinders die. The band across the center is paper and I used punch are for embellishments....cheap, cheap! You would never know I have a stash of embellishments big enough to last the rest of my life! LOL.
I embossed the top portion of the card front and the band of paper hides the line where it stops. Wish those folders were bigger, but I do make big cards. I spritzed the leaves with walnut ink and they are folded up three dimensional. You can see the verse better in real life than in the photo. I love birdhouses, and there is no reason you could not color the leaves green for a year round look rather than the fall colors I used on this one. That is one thing I like about stamps over stickers....you can change all that! The die is from Spellbinders....I tend to use what I have out and is handy.....this one is really moving up the list of my favorite die.
I will be up in Minnesota when this post goes up for the PGA Championship, so I am hoping for nice weather! Got to be better than it was two years ago in Tulsa when it was in the hundreds!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

I love birdhouses, too & this stamp is so sweet! Love the colors you used. Hope your trip is a good one & that you have great weather.

Mary Dew Lee said...

Holly - What fun it's been seeing all your creations with Serendipity's stamps this week! You are really amazing and inspiring!

Jan Castle said...

You are my kind of gal...I usually make all my decorations too...you know, if it's a hand made card, it's a hand made card!!! LOL I can just hear those birds singing!!! Thanks for sharing Holly.
Jan Castle