Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dramatic looks for a wedding

This bride likes drama and she asked me if I could change our fellowship hall so that it looks totally different....quite an undertaking! To make the cake seem larger, I set it up on a hat box and added lights in tulle....definitely dramatic.
The borrowed dress was too long, so I used beautiful buttons to do ruching (sp?) as seen in this shot. She has the buttons to save and the dress was uncut.
I made winter themed cookies such as these brides and grooms and mittens for the reception. I also had LOTS of snowflakes hanging from the ceiling to give the effect of a blizzard. The fellowship hall definitely did look different than normal!
I needed a vacation after this wedding!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Good grief! I think the bride & groom should have sent you on a relaxing cruise for all the work you did!

Jenny Gropp said...

WOW! Lots of work sounds like -- love the back of the dress pic with those buttons -- looks quite amazing!