Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Selective Embossing




When embossing with a Spellbinders embossing mat, you get embossing where the embossing mat is located....so where there is no mat, you get no embossing. While playing with the new Impressabilities, I thought, why not cut out a shape in an extra mat and then I could use the shape or the frame to emboss only those areas. You can see that I used both the circle and the frame of the circle on a couple of cards. I also cut a mat out the shape of the Spellbinders heart....underneath the buttons, there is no embossing. I think I will be buying some more mats.....and you know they never wear out! Well, they might get cut into if you try flattening a real spoon in your Wizard....but that is another story!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

What a clever idea - turned out beautifully! Thanks for the ideas.

Norine said...

love the cards now I have been trying to do this with my Bigshot & the CB emboss fld with no luck because I love how it looks will keep trying
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

You are scaring me!! SO, this past weekend I had a 40% off coupon for Hobby Lobby and I finally bought my first set of Nesties (Sqs - Classic Lg, I think). As I'm playing with them and wondering about the embossing and thinking "rats, Holly is at CHA and I know she could help me". Then I pop by today and viola! Just what I needed to know BEFORE I asked you. Thank you!

Holly's Hobbies said...

Nise....pretend you are hearing the "alien" music...Congrats on your first set of nesties and glad I could help you by only receiving your "vibes" :-) Ask questions any time!

Jenn Embry said...

OMGosh that is so cool! I can't wait to try it. Your cards are gorgeous!

Judit V said...

Love these cards...they're awesome!

Peggy Maier said...

Hi - I decided to try this with the Cuttlebug & embossing folders. It works! I left the folder open, only using one side, laid the mat (with circle cut out) on it & ran it through... just beautiful!