Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trick or Treat!

How about some ideas for treat bags? These two were each made with one piece of cardstock, folded and cut. It is one of those patterns that you see over and over....seems like it involves numbers (at the inch lines where you fold it)??? I made these last autumn, so it escapes me!
You are probably catching on to the fact that I think Halloween is a fun time of year. This is a bag I made by embossing handmade paper, using a metal decoration I found at a craft store in my Wizard. I used the doodle diecuts (Spellbinders die) for the curly vines on the pumpkin.
These are all the rage this year and I had to make one! You make a "broom" candy bag using two brown bags, add candy and a stick...fun, fun! I knew I would eventually find a use for those spider hairclips I found marked down....and btw, NO, you can't do this with a paper shredder. I did use a handmade model to do the top of the inside bag that stays in tact, but the rest you have to do with scissors....maybe someone else has figured out a better way???


Here I used a purchased bag and just decorated the front and the back (and sides) with stamps and diecuts.
These oval nestabilities go together to make this little container. There is a strip that you cut tabs in to make the "bottom" of the bag.
I think candy corn just says "halloween"! I used the same idea as my bride and groom favor boxes to make a candy corn box.
Well, hopefully, these projects give you some ideas for treat bags for your special friends!



1 comment:

Amy Johnson said...

What wonderful, creative ideas. I especially love the embossed pumpkin bag!