Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nuts about you!

Last week, I posted a sketch and watercolor painting I had done while at my daughter's home in Memphis. I wanted to report in and let you know what I did with that. I simply scanned the painting and then printed it out on Avery Ink Jet Textured Half-fold Cards (#3378) and made a card of my copies. I stamped a quarter sheet of paper with Kitchen Sink Stamps (3 Step Autumn Squirrel SMC 015), using the saying, squirrel and larger acorn. If you have not seen these stamps, you should check them out. You begin with a light color and then work up to the darker color and it achieves much more detail than you can with a single stamp. I used coluzzle to cut the opening so I could cut around the squirrel and acorns. Normally I would cut an oval with a Spellbinders nestibility, but since I wanted to do that detail work, I used coluzzle. You can prevent a nestability from cutting by placing a piece of the tan polymer embossing mat where you want the die to NOT cut (I will post an example of that later). I did use the Spellbinders acorn die to cut a copper foil embellishment. Before inking the edges of the card, I trimmed it just a little and mounted it with eyelets on a black A2 card.
I am sure I will come up with more ways to use the sketch.....the squirrel stamp set was new, so I had to use it!!!

No comments: