Thursday, August 21, 2008

Produced in California




I mentioned the market that I visited in San Luis Obispo, California and seeing brussels sprouts still on the stalk in an earlier post. Here are some photos from that market. I am not a big fan of eating brussels sprouts, but I found it very interesting to see how they grow. As a floral designer, I was amazed to see Calla Lillies just growing wild along the Pacific Coast. I had plenty of time to walk around and explore after my husband hit a rock in the road and the rental car would not start....another day, another story. At least we were in a beautiful spot when we were stranded!

3 comments:

Karleen said...

Holly your pictures are wonderful. It makes you want to be there.

Shirley said...

Not only that, I don't recall seeing cauliflower that color before either. I am from Reno, NV and have seen a lot of the wonderful stuff that grows in CA. TFS.

Anonymous said...

OH NO - not the stranded car story again.