Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lily Sympathy Card

A dear friend lost her brother, so I wanted to make her a sympathy card. She loves flowers, but I think the pollen bothers her. I had grown these lilies up at the cabin and photographed them back in July. I used the Kaleidoscope program to create my own background paper. By choosing a square template and then multiple printing, it produces a piece of background paper that will match the photo of the lilies I wanted to use. I wanted as much of the background paper to show as possible (I think it would make a pretty card all alone) so I used vellum as my mat and for the message. The mats were cut with Spellbinders nestabilites and Wizard....what else will give you that little classy frame?
I love this program as it allows me to use two of my loves together, photography and cardmaking. It is so easy, even a non computer nerd like me can work it! It is so much fun, someone might have to call the Geek Squad to come pry my fingers off the keyboard!

4 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Such a lovely card! What a wonderful idea to use a beautiful photograph and this program to make a card. I love the sentiment stamped on vellum too. Sorry to hear about your friends loss.

The Country Rose said...

My sympathy to your friend who lost her brother. Your card is just awesome and the background paper is beautiful!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I will have to give that background paper a try.

Unknown said...

Hi Holly

I do so enjoy seeing all your work. You are so talented. the scanner I bought was the the Canon CanoScan 8800F. There is a link to it from my blog post. Just click on the words Canon Scanner.

I'm adding you to my list of blogs