Monday, March 24, 2008

Reverse stenciling


I am wondering why, if it is Spring, that it started snowing today while I was walking? I saw a rather dark cloud, but the sun was shining...next thing I know, I see something falling. I thought it was blossoms out of the bradford pear trees, but there weren't any near me. Then I realized is was snow at 1:00 in the afternoon! Supposed to be in the 20's tonight. Hopefully this will be the last cold snap. Anyway, here is another new technique that another friend on the Spellbinders Design Team thought of (thanks, Michelle). She wanted ink around the edge of a die, so she applied it directly to the cutting edge of a die. Here, you can see the reverse stenciling on the wheelbarrow. The "seeds" would be the normal stenciling that you can do with a Spellbinder die as they have openings in the die. I really like the detail that the reverse stenciling gives the die. This is a small portion of a layout that I did for the Spellbinders gallery of the beautiful flowers at the market in Belgium when I was there last summer. Be sure to come visit www.spellbinders.us to see more gallery projects. They are still working on them, but have many up. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Neat idea to ink first. This looks FANTASTIC!

Corie said...

Oh my this is gorgeous