Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Toile Invitation

 Each fall, I design an invitation for a Holiday Party for a company out in Henderson, NV. This year, the decorations are going to be red and white toile with gold accents.
I found the gold toile card stock at Michael's and had some stamps. I originally was going to do an overall toile pattern with a stamp, but decided I liked this better.
I am also using sticky back paper to create a label for the back of the envelope. I thought this Spellbinders die had a french look....reminds me of the pulls on french provincial furniture.

 I address the envelopes so I stamped a design on the envelope to frame the address area.
For the inside, I used a portion of the gold toile card stock at the top of the printed invitation. It makes me think of a menu board like a cafe in France would describe their menu for the day.
 
Last year, the theme was hunter green and outdoorsy....I did suede paper, Dreamweaver Stencil, stencil paste and glitter. 



Now that the design for this year is approved, I have 35 of them to make. The hardest part is coming up with the design, but once it does come together and looks nice, it is very rewarding. I love challenges like this! Plus, paying jobs are always nice!

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

Holly, this is a beautiful design - you outdid yourself!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan