Monday, October 22, 2012

Serendipity Stamps in Watercolor

 I love watercolor and watercolor crayons, so I decided to play with some images from Serendipity Stamps. I have some of the new Faber Castel Gelatos which I need to check out, but these were done with the Faber Castel watercolor crayons, except the last one, which I stamped and then painted. On all the others, the pigment was applied directly to the rubber, it was spritzed and then stamped.

On the snowy areas, I used a paint with a sheen, but it does not show up very well in a photo but looks fantastic in person. I have put some closeups here at the beginning to try to show the sheen. Below, I spattered some of the iridescent paint for the look of snow. What a sweet bunny that is circling the tree!

 I also bought some puff paint the other day to use like Liquid Applique. I want to play with it on some of the images as well but have not tried it.
 This old wagon wheel is one of the best images for this technique ever. Basically, you can color the whole image brown. I did come back in and added a little rust color to the fence post to make it match the paper I had selected to use.
I also used a new embossing folder on this card and the scarecrow, barbed wire and chicken fence. I think these Cuttlebug folders are great. All the die I used are from Spellbinders.
 I cut hexagons to create a quilt look for the scarecrow and then quilted it with the chicken wire pattern, which duplicates the hexagonal shape.

Here are the whole card fronts:

 I also used the little embellishments called Candi. I really like to use these as they are light weight and easy to use and come in so many colors!

 The sky below was solid on the rubber, so I used two shades of blue for a night sky. I added some rhinestones, which are clear crystal in real life (not red like they appear).

 I thought this church building makes a great bookmark....
 Below is the only one not done with crayons. There was so much detail in the image, that I thought it showed up better with ink and then added color with paint.
 I noticed that one of the Christmas postage stamps has a village look. I think it would look great with some of these Serendipity images that have a village look. I have been known to buy a lot of stamps and then just use the one of the four I like with my Christmas cards....figure the Forever stamps that I don't use can go on bills. Of course, I don't mail many bills any more as most of that is done on line, but oh well....it is wonderful when a postage stamp matches the card....and even better when someone notices! LOL!

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

Funny, I was just looking at that site - great stamps! Like what you did with the direct to rubber Holly!
Paper Hugs,
Jan