Monday, May 30, 2011

Photo Books

Have you created any photo books or done digital scrapbooking? I would love to hear which companies you prefer.

The first photo books I did, I created when Sam's Club had an actual machine that you used in the store. Now, you just download the photos and make the book at home. It does take a couple of weeks to get the book. I recently did one for a lady at church who had a party for her 80th birthday. The book seemed a little too plain (this lady likes a lot of bling!), so I spiced it up a little by adding diecuts throughout the book and rhinestones on the cover. I think if I saw this book lying on a coffee table, I would be more apt to pick it up and look at it over the boring original book. What do you think?

I have done books on Snapfish and Shutterfly and I have seen books done on Blurb and Apple. I recently tried out a new photo book where you choose scrapbook paper and embellishments that are available for actual papercrafting.


Since I do like to travel and to shoot weddings, I would like to hear what your experiences have been with photo books...which ones do you love and which ones would you not use again. I guess this book would be considered "hybrid" as I did the book digitally but then added physical elements.

We will get back to the Outer Banks now...they have found the anchor from Anne's Revenge so I might need to go see that at the museum when I go to Cape Lookout! Also I noticed that St. George Island also made the Dr. Beach top ten beaches. It always amazes me how much I notice things mentioned about places I have visited (or will visit soon) after I am made aware of them. I am sure I will see references to the Outer Banks that I would never have noticed before.


Have a great and safe holiday weekend!

1 comment:

JANLYNN said...

My master gardener group had done a photo book for all our years projects for the past 2 years. They have been very much complemented when they take that years book to the state meeting os all the county groups. The lady that puts them together does them through Shutterfly and then they let all our members know and get up a order for all that want one.