Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Natural Accents from Walmart

On my day I spent with my friend Kathy, in SC, she showed me a bag of these little pieces of wood she had purchased at Walmart. She had decided that they were too thick to use on cards, but I told her I thought there was still many uses for them.

So, the next time I was in Walmart I bought a bag of them (in the craft section where the flower arranging supplies are located). Here are a couple of things I did with them. First, a frame to go around a photo I took in the Rockies last summer.
I opened a bag of diecuts from K & Company and pulled some out to decorate the frame and also a clipboard. I decoupaged the clipboard with K & Company paper and diecuts. I then added the little wood accents up at the top of the clipboard. Can you think of other uses for them?
This week, I am decorating 30 shirts with Jolee's Jewels that eventually will be used as samples in a craft chain. It is tedious, but I sure do love the look of those Swarovski crystals!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: