Saturday, August 1, 2009

Trick or Treating Pop Up

You have seen me do these pop ups many times, but they are one of my favorites! So simple and they display so well. I used Copics to airbrush the background of this silhouette stamp from Serendipity. I used an EK Success border punch at the base of the ovals that were cut with a Spellbinders die (as was the tag for the greeting).
One of my favorite products to use is foam tape. I cut out extras of the hat, broom, tie and cauldron to pop dot to give dimension. I also used some of my favorite K & Company rhinestones (star and on the verse).

Halloween will be here before we know it!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh this is adorable and yes as hard as it is to believe, Halloween is just around the corner, I better get busy and focused. Thanks for sharing, Sandi

Mary said...

You are so very clever...thank you for sharing....and now....it's into the craft room too think Halloween!....Boo! Now that's a start!

NancyS said...

How original, Holly. You did a beautiful job in creating just the right Halloween mood.

Unfortunately, I have not seen you do these before as I am new to your posts. How do you do them?

Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

Candy Meyers said...

I also think this is adorable and would like to know how to make them. I can think of many times it would be fun to use this idea. Thanks for any help you can share with us.
Candy Meyers
singcandy@aol.com

Holly's Hobbies said...

Thanks, Ladies. I will give you more specifics on making the pop up box car on a future post. I just made a really large one to be used as a centerpiece, so you can vary the size easily. I will draw up a diagram and post it as soon as I have a chance. Thanks for your comments!
Holly