Monday, August 10, 2009

Quiet Peace

Here is another winter scene and great verse from Serendipity. I used a Spellbinders die cut for the snowflake embellishment, but this is an example where the single bare tree could have been used next to the verse. The snowflakes stamped in the background were stamped using bleach. The sky in the scene was done with Copic airbrushing. K & Company embellishments were used in the shape of a triangle, which helps the eye move around the card. The curvature of the verse also echos the curvature of the fence in the image. I know most people do not break down these design elements. Normal people just look at a card and either like it or not, but most do not break down WHY they like it or don't like it.....but then, no one ever said I was normal! LOL!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sandi said...

stunning. Sandi

Jessica said...

How lovely Sandi! I love those images!

nise said...

I am so not ready for winter, but your last 2 cards are beautiful! And thanks for telling us why it works, like the verse following the fence line. You are a marvelous artist, Holly, and I like to get your "insight".

Peggy Maier said...

Love this card... & thanks to your explanation, now I know why!

Jan Castle said...

Yes Holly, seeing your card does bring a wonderful sense of peace. Thanks!