Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Feet....not!

A couple of days ago, I posted a layout of the four seasons with my daughter's wedding photo that said "Every season of the year, you make my heart flutter". The seasons were done with the Spellbinders bird nestability.
Elaine asked how I did the penquins, so I thought I would give you a closer look. It is the tail of the bird that makes the penquin's beak and head. You don't see the diecut bird's real head. The coloring of black and yellow was done with Copic airbrushing, using a mask I hand cut.
I did the words on the computer, playing off the movie, Happy Feet.
Just an example of how you can look at a diecut differently and head in a different direction!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Norine said...

how cute and funny love it
Hugs
Norine

Sandi said...

making the eye see something that is not, is sometimes called "magic", great job. Sandi

Peggy Maier said...

How cute!!! My 13 yr old grandson LOVES penguins... so thanks for the idea!!! Thanks, too, for the laugh - that sentiment describes how my poor feet have felt lately.

KanataNewf said...

Very cute - the sentiment is perfect!

Jan Castle said...

How clever!!!! You are a wonder Holly!
Jan Castle

Ida said...

Very Clever and I so agree with that sentiment right now. My feet have been hurting a lot the last few days so this gave me quite a chuckle.

Elaine said...

I am so glad I asked. I LOVE these penquins. Great card! Thank you so much for sharing.