Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My little chickadee!

Well, I decided to try something different this year....I had my own postage stamps made. My husband said people would not notice....so we had a bet going. He was right!!! Hardly anyone noticed that the postage stamp matched the card!!! Since it is more expensive, I have not done that since (except for my son's wedding invitations.....I put their engagement photo on the stamp).
Here is the card. The chickadee is an Impression Obsession stamp.....Merry Christmas is Serendipity I believe. The buckle was diecut with a Spellbinders die in my Wizard. The Scor-it was used for the decorative scoring again....I love that look!
I got a little creative with punches and using the color that shows through. The three parts of the card are shown in this photo....the front, the inside and then the back (red). The inside message was computer generated. The card fit in a decorative #10 envelope.
I watercolored the bird and holly. This was kind of a mix of rustic with the bird and glitzy with the gold.

2 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

This is so pretty. I love the idea of making your own photo stamps. I'll have to do that for my daughter's wedding! I love the ribbon, punches, embossing, image, and the embellie in your card. Great job!

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea! Plus a gorgeous subject. I love chickadees.