Saturday, October 4, 2008

A little stitching

I know this looks kind of springy, but I just did it last week using the Spellbinders new die that were released at Summer CHA and should be shipping soon. I did a blanket stitch around the bird.....I can just see a holiday card with the bird done in red with white blanket stitching around it! I used the Sunflower to do a spirelli around the petals to create the center of the card. The verse is from Rubbernecker stamps and is on an oval cut with a nestability.

Ellen Hutson happens to be having a contest and the subject is cards with stitching (real or faux), so be sure and check it out at http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/. It is in honor of Card Making Day today but the contest lasts all week.

Thanks for dropping by!

4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty card! Love teh way you did the stitching for the challenge. TFS!

lalalla said...

this is lovely!

Unknown said...

Holly, love how you used the dies. Thank you for making them look so good.

Anonymous said...

Holly, your stitching on this project is fabulous! I love how you added this variety of stitching to our challenge. Thank you for participating! EllenH