Monday, August 4, 2008

Ahoy, Mate!!!

While at CHA summer, I was able to visit the booth for Serendipity Stamps and Mary Dew Lee sent me home with her new line of stamps to do some samples for her website. I have always loved her stamps and I have many examples on her website, so be sure and check out her gallery.

I usually use watercolor to color the images with, as I do love watercolor, but my new love are Copic Markers. They are actually faster than watercolors, as I don't have to wait for the paint to dry. The markers dry very quickly. I also don't have to use watercolor paper, so with a smoother finish on the paper, I get a better, sharper image. I used a nestability from Spellbinders to get the circle with the little edge that I love so much. I also cut the tails of the bandana and the tail of the puppy so they would be three dimensional and have the ends of the flag raised also. A little gold glitter on the gold coins and this card is ready to send.

So many little boys like pirates but some of the pirate images are very scary. This is a great grouping of stamps that work so well together and would make a great birthday card for a little boy or even a get well card if he is sick. I even know girls that like pirates. Arghhhh!!!

2 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

This is awesome! What a cute stamp, and just love your coloring on it!

[and so on} said...

Holly - I always love to see what you are up to - what a great card and such a cute new stamp!

Linda Hofacker - aka MommaHo